We’re excited about having a virtual conference this year so that everyone from anywhere can attend! Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, the conference is free of charge to attend.
For 35 years, the Alternatives Conference has been planned and implemented for and by people in the peer recovery/liberation movement to come together and share their lived experience with one another. It is a place where peers come together to share our wisdom, strength and hope; where we make room for all the ways we experience and express life; where we turn our experience into fuel for our truth-telling. We have taken good notes about what helps and what hurts as we have navigated experiences of trauma, mental health diagnosis, and/or substance use challenges. We have become experts in our own lives, and we share that expertise with one another.
Don’t wait to register! NAMI’s two-day convention is dedicated to uplifting, empowering and informing the mental health community with resources, research and support. This year’s event offers:
- Just announced! Special Fireside Chat with former Destiny’s Child singer/songwriter Michelle Williams
- Special Research Plenary with Dr. Joshua A. Gordon, Director of the National Institute of Mental Health
- More than 30 workshop sessions in five different program tracks — view the complete listings of sessions and descriptions
- Live Q&As with workshop presenters
- Virtual networking opportunities with peers
- Incredibly low registration fee*: $10 young adults and peers, $15 NAMI members, $25 non-members